Project STRONG is for women of any age who are ready to increase strength, improve movement capacity, build a more resilient body and mind, and most importantly, become more confident with the barbell. Whether you have specific strength goals or are just ready for a new approach to fitness that rewards not just dedication and consistency but the bravery of pursuing something tough in the face of intimidation, Project STRONG is the program for you.
Are you looking to get stronger, build lean muscle, increase bone density, and just feel like even more of a badass living life? We’ve got you covered! Project STRONG is designed to be accessible to anyone who is brand new to strength training OR somewhat familiar with the barbell but new to strength focused programming.
We'll spend our first week learning (or relearning) how to squat, deadlift, and press properly (including modifications that are appropriate for your body) and the remainder of the series getting #strongertogether. This means attendance during the first week is especially important so make sure your calendar is open, or contact Coach Meg to schedule a makeup session.
When we're done, you'll know how to navigate the weight room in any gym and approach your lifting session without fear as well all the extras around properly fueling your newfound STRONG endeavors (things like warming up properly, eating to grow/maintain your ass kicking muscles, how to incorporate cardio), and anything else that might help you on your journey to lifting glory.
During Project Strong you will...
- Learn and hone your technique in the barbell "big lifts" - the squat, press, and deadlift - as well as accessory work that will correct imbalances and make your less strong areas STRONGER. Whether you're brand new to the barbell or it's not your first rodeo, this will be an opportunity to allow your coach to see you move, modify your movements according to your body’s needs, and ensure that you're completely confident and are able to make continued progress.
- Add weight to your lifts in appropriate increments each week so you see continued progress.
- Learn how to incorporate moderate intensity cardio, accessory movements, mobility/movement prep work, and common correctives to ensure you stay healthy and injury free. In the beginning of the series, the group will use similar movements, but as you develop as a lifter, you may receive individualized assignments to make sure your program is tailored to your needs.
YOUR $497 INVESTMENT INCLUDES:
- 10/25 7:30pm Meet & Greet with your team and Q&A with Coach Meg (sign up here)
- 2 hourlong weekly small group training sessions with Coach Meg (we meet Mondays and Wednesdays, 7:30-8:30pm) VALUE: $555
- Access to Saturday Barbell Classes at FUELhouse VALUE: $200
- Access to FUELhouse's Open Gym times to come in (if needed) to make up missed sessions or complete any additional mobility/cardio homework. VALUE: $400
- Option to purchase individual class passes to attend other classes at FUELhouse
- Stronger muscles, bones, minds, and bodies! VALUE: PRICELESS
- An awesome training crew of likeminded women! VALUE: PRICELESS
- Series runs Monday, 10/30 - Wednesday 12/20 (no team training on 11/22)
- Team training sessions Mondays and Wednesdays, 7:30-8:30pm
- Saturday Barbell access at 9am or 11am for the duration of Project STRONG
- Limited to 6 kickass ladies to ensure personal attention and cameraderie with your crew
- Investment: $497 for 2 months or 2 payments of $267