SUPER AUSTIN aka 'PRECIOUS JAMES'
Infectious aura? CHECK
Lover of Dogs? CHECK
Dedicated and Committed Human? CHECK
Your newest friend? CHECK
WITHOUT FURTHER ADO, WE PRESENT AUSTIN...
1. Where can you be found outside of the gym? What do you do for a living? During the day, I work for Amazon as a Recruiting Manager. During my free time, I live in the apartments near Gasworks park and can be found cooking, reading, hanging out with my two furry dog children (Eddie and Ella), trying to find time to get outside (hike and bike), and spending time with my boyfriend/friends/family.
2. How'd you find out about FUELhouse? I found FUELhouse using ClassPass this last year when I moved to the Wallingford neighborhood. My boyfriend also mentioned several folks he worked with really loved going to FUELhouse, so I had to check it out. I fell in love, right away, and after a couple months of drop in classes, I joined full time in December of 2017. The energy of the people and the coaches was something I had not found anywhere in the Seattle area, they really cared and really listened. I have always been active and love working out, but had been putting on weight all last year with some medical stuff going on and starting in December full time was the best choice I have made for me in a long time.
3. What makes you commit to training even on days you don't feel like it? Mentally I just feel so much better after a workout. Even on the days when I am tired, I still feel better after coming to class. Additionally, I really made a promise to myself to start to prioritize this for me. I had a pretty hard year in my life last year and felt really frustrated around weight gain, so for me it helps to remind myself this is what I really love and it makes me feel like I am giving back to me every day I go. I also just miss the people and coaches now when I don't go or have to travel for work, everyone has just become a part of my life.
4. What's your favorite movement/workout? I am really loving my dead lift and TGU lately actually.... I didn't in the beginning. I also just like all the different workouts throughout the week at FUELhouse.
5. What's one thing you'd like to accomplish at FUELhouse in the next year or have you already accomplished this goal and if so what is it? How about in your personal life? - A body weight pull up... no bands! It will happen one day. Run a half marathon and not feel like I want to stop really really bad the whole time. And weight loss/feeling strong/health.
6. Tell us a little known fact about yourself. - I love taking photography.... when I have/make time for it. I saved up for awhile to get my Canon 5D Mark III when I first started at Amazon about four years ago. If there is any fellow photography folks that want a buddy to explore with, keep me posted!
7. What's the most delicious meal you've eaten recently? My favorite meal lately is making mashed sweet potato's, asparagus and scallops on Sunday night.... cooked in butter and lemon. MMMmmmm.....
8. What's your favorite thing about being a FUELhouse athlete? My favorite thing about being a FUELhouse athlete is the the people and coaches I get to workout with all the time. Everyone is super supportive and it feels like a team and family coming to the gym everyday. I also appreciate the training plans and the diversity of the classes throughout the week. I have grown so much stronger since joining, both physically and mentally.
9. We also need to know the name of your very first pet, and the name of the street you grew up on! This will be your official stage name from here on out at the HOUSE (just kidding. not kidding)! - First pet = Precious, Street name: James