THOR! With a name like this who needs a last name? Well he does and his name is Thorton Tyson. Still a pretty cool name by our standards...which aren't very high (just kidding), but any who... this guy is a kettlebell-wielding god of awesomeness and you need to know him. We feel pretty damn lucky to have you in our Tribe, Thor!
- Where can you be found outside of the gym? What do you do for a living? I am the Executive Director and Head Coach of Rain City Water Polo - a year-round youth club in Seattle and Mercer Island. I also am in the early stages of starting a new venture as a freelance grant writer for nonprofit organizations.
- How'd you find out about FUELhouse? Internet/Yelp/Classpass - some combination of the three I think. I was looking for a place with really knowledgeable trainers (to accommodate all my broken parts), a fun atmosphere and daytime classes to accommodate my weird schedule.
- What makes you commit to training even on days you don't feel like it? To be perfectly honest - getting older! I used to be able to get away with coming and going as the mood struck me. Now I can't. I realize my health and lifestyle depend on it. No workout = backpain and no tennis. Plus I set a lousy example for my water polo kids if I am a slug!
- What's your favorite movement/workout? Easy - kettlebell snatches.
- What's one thing you'd like to accomplish at FUELhouse in the next year or have you already accomplished this goal and if so what is it? How about in your personal life? A strict pull-up in the next year. More personally, Fuelhouse already shrunk the size of my butt! (or is that too personal?!)
- Tell us a little known fact about yourself. My full name is not Thor - it is Thornton. When I was first dating my wife to be, she found out it was not my real name about a month in and was so disappointed she almost ended it right then.
- What's the most delicious meal you've eaten recently? Anything and everything at Mkt. in Wallingford.
- What's your favorite thing about being a FUELhouse athlete? Being able to trust the instructors. I have been to many, many gyms over the years and am immersed in the athletic world through my work. They are the best I have seen.
- We also need to know the name of your very first pet, and the name of the street you grew up on! This will be your official stage name from here on out at the HOUSE (just kidding. not kidding)! First pet was an Australian Shepherd named Grendel.
#fuelhouse #gimmefuelgimmefire #fuelhousetribe #memberofthemonth #fitness#fitfam #fitspiration #health #dedication #workout #getstrong #getfit #motivation#seattle #wallingford #washingtonstate #pnw #pacificnorthwest #gym #strength#conditioning #kettlebells #community #barbells #fuelerofthemonth