Seeking a First Mate (Assistant Manager), FUELhouse- Seattle, Wa
- Join Team FH! This is an excellent career opportunity!
- This position reports to the Owners.
- Starting at 20hrs/week. Earning potential is $18-$20/hr depending on experience level.
Some Crucial points before you read further...
There is SOOOOO much that happens behind the scenes when it comes to running a gym or any small service industry business. The role of the First Mate is one we take very seriously. We're gonna get tight...I mean really close. You MUST be an excellent communicator and be as humble as F*$K!
Us, You and Me, in a nutshell...
Our time together is sometimes powered by, no, who am I kidding?, always powered by Bounty Kitchen, rice crispy treats, videos of puppies, La Croix, the occasional "it's going to be ok, you're doing the right thing" hug-it out-sesh, manicures, did I mention puppies?, and/or all of the above. This is an intimate relationship and one that requires the utmost respect, trust, and transparency.
You are responsible to the captain, Me, for the safety and security of 'HMS FUELhouse'.
I'm going to take my time finding the right fit. This will start as a part-time (20hr/week) job with the opportunity to grow with us in other capacities... as a Coach, Nutritional Coach, etc.
So, if you are interested or know an amazing human to fill this role please read all details and instructions below...
About This Opportunity
You will provide leadership and day-to-day management for a core team of 5+ Coaches. With a major focus on the FH Biz side of things, you will drive daily operations and create an environment that empowers our Independent Contractors and FH Members to do their best work.
To perform this job successfully, you must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and ability required.
Essential Roles and Responsibilities
You will oversee the daily operations of the FH, with a key focus on the FH business processes and training our team according to current policies and procedures. Key responsibilities include overseeing the Front Desk, Membership, and other areas as needed. Additionally, you will be responsible for team schedules, personnel issues, payroll, membership software management and overall work environment. Assist in interviewing, hiring and training new hires based on our SOP's, addressing complaints, and resolving challenges with employees and members.
As the First Mate of FH, you will be responsible for the oversight, customer service, profitability, and daily operations of the business including but not limited to:
- Drive sales, new member acquisition, lead generation, retention, and service penetration
- Build a culture of fun, compassion, and supportiveness
- Assist in planning and promoting fabulous special events
- Create and maintain a high quality, high touch, and consistent member experience
- Facilitate staff development and retention activities
- Ensure member and employee safety
- Complete daily paperwork, filing, and tracking
- Hold sales, safety, and other operational meetings as requested by Owners
- Oversee facility maintenance
- Adherence to all policies and procedures, including, but not limited to all safety, legal and ethical requirements
- Report on daily activities, sales, and profitability
- Assist in building creative marketing, promotion, and social media campaigns
- Excellent customer service
- Project management
- Leadership (coaching, build relationships, holding staff accountable, motivating)
- Impeccable communication and interpersonal skills
- Win-win problem solving
- Creativity and ridiculousness
- Basic human resource skills (assist Owner in hiring, firing, payroll, counseling)
Value Alignment- You Must Believe That
- People come before profit
- You can get 1% better every day
- Learning is a lifelong pursuit
Software Skills Preferred-
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Google (G Suite)
- Zen Planner
Have experience managing a crazy team in a rapidly growing company? Then we want YOU! Please send cover letter, and resume with 3 references!
If you think you’ve got what it takes, we also welcome two-minute videos explaining your relevant skills and demonstrating your passion for fun and fitness. Email to email@example.com