Meet Max aka 'EDWARD STAFFORDSHIRE'
We asked Max a few questions when he was picked for our September Member of the Month. Please take a moment to get to know a little bit more about this epic human...
1. Outside of the gym, I can be found exploring rivers and trying to use a small bit of feather to outsmart fish that have a brain 1/100th the size of mine. Usually the fish are smarter. I'm a music nerd, love 90s acoustic rock, and enjoy digging through crates on vinyl on rainy Seattle days with a hot cup of coffee. On the profesh side, I work for Amazon Web Services where I am an account manager working with Fortune 50 customers in the automotive industry.
2. How did you find out about FH? I found out about FUELhouse from my old coaches Neema Doroudian and Tony Rice from TEAM44 in Phoenix, Arizona. Neema and Tony follow Jeff and FUELhouse on Instagram (you're both Insta-famous!) If you're ever in Phoenix and looking for a gym with a very similar approach to FUELhouse, look them up and feel free to drop in!
3. What makes you commit to training even on days you don't feel like it? First - Sokol's corny jokes. Second - Mols, Tiff, Kari, Stu and fam! Third - Feeling good mentally and physically. I train because I love the endorphins and I also love being able to eat food and drink beer of all types. Training also keeps me mentally sharp in the office. I find that when I take a few days off from training, I just don't feel as great.
4. Favorite movement and workout is SIMPLE AND SINISTER and the KB GRINDER COMPLEX. I recently did the Barbell Bear complex and thought it was pretty rad, so hopefully I'll get to do that again soon.
5. What's one thing you'd like to accomplish at FUELhouse in the next year or have you already accomplished this goal and if so what is it? How about in your personal life? In the next year, I'd like to complete both the mens SIMPLE and the Men's SINISTER programming at Fuelhouse. Next summer, I'm looking forward to getting married to my awesome fiance, Katie!
6. Fact about you: I was born in and lived in Germany until I was eight years old. I'm half German and speak the language fluently.
7. Favorite Recipe right now: Slow grilled soy ginger garlic marinated king salmon + brown rice + broccoli. Sunday August 26th.
8. What's your favorite thing about being a FUELhouse athlete? The coaches and the people. I can say without a doubt that the coaches at FUELhouse are the most knowledgeable coaches with the best programming I've ever worked out with / to. Coaches and people included, everyone's positivity and down-to-earth outlook towards exercise is truly amazing.
9. We're going to need to know the name of your very first pet, and the name of the street you grew up on! This will be your official stage name from here on out at the HOUSE: My first pet was a black cocker spaniel named Edward... I can probably find an old picture of him someplace. The first street in the US that I lived on was Staffordshire Circle in Martinsville, Virginia. That would make my FH stage name EDWARD STAFFORDSHIRE... Really? Lol.