The Rules One More Time:
WHAT WE WILL NOT STAND FOR: No whining, no complaining, no excuses. You have joined this challenge because you want to be a Team Player and we expect you to act like one. We WILL NOT tolerate any negativity. (see #4- Own Your Shit!)
1. I REALIZE THAT I WILL BE ON A TEAM AND WE WILL ALL COMPETE AGAINST THE OTHER TEAM FOR PERCENTAGE OF WEIGHT LOST.
2. I REALIZE THAT I WILL NOT RECEIVE GUIDANCE FOR FOOD AND HABITS, BUT GUIDANCE FOR HOW TO GET POINTS AND COMPETE AGAINST OPPOSING TEAM.
3. I REALIZE THAT WHILE A TEAM MAY WIN FOR BRAGGING RIGHTS, THERE IS STILL A GRAND PRIZE FOR BIGGEST Male and Female Winner aka Loser;) (see #11).
4. I REALIZE THAT MY TEAM IS COUNTING ON ME AND I HAVE TO GET MY SH*T TOGETHER.
5. I REALIZE THAT I MAY BE COMPETING AGAINST MY SPOUSE/BFF.
6. I REALIZE THIS IS HARD FOR EVERYBODY AND THAT CONSISTENTLY SHOWING UP, PLANNING AHEAD, EATING HEALTHY 80% OF THE TIME WILL HELP.
7. I REALIZE IT’S MORE THAN JUST WEIGHT LOSS. POINTS WILL ALSO BE AVAILABLE AT RANDOM TIMES FOR THE TEAM WITH THE MOST MEMBERS AT BOXING, SATURDAY CLASS, RANDOM HAPPENINGS, ETC.
8. I REALIZE THAT WEIGH IN WILL BE ON FRIDAYS AND SATURDAYS. MORE POINTS ARE GIVEN TO THOSE THAT ATTEND SATURDAY WEIGH-INS.
9. I REALIZE THAT THE FINAL WEIGH-IN IS ON SATURDAY, JULY 13TH.
10. YOU WILL KNOW EXACTLY WHO MAKES UP YOUR TEAM. YOU WILL NOT KNOW THE INDIVIDUAL WEIGHT OF ANY OF YOUR TEAM MEMBERS.
11. PRIZES: There will be one team winner, one individual male winner and one individual female winner. Winners will be chosen based on overall participation (% weight loss).
You will be getting a separate email from your Team Captain who will share everyones contact information on your team so you can all communicate together!!! Those who eat to properly fuel their bodies, train smartly and consistently over the 8-week period will be the ones whom are the most successful. Please do not starve yourself and do not resort to a juice cleanse. You need energy for your workouts and cayenne juice is NOT the answer. If you are tracking your food and fitness then you WILL see results. If you "wing" this then we can't guarantee you will have a positive experience. A tracking app, journal, or google doc are great tools. The best choice is a tracking app. Kiel and Molly recommend using tracking tools to contribute to your success. Our favorites are:
My Fitness Pal
The hope for this challenge is that you see it not as a diet, but as a new way of life.--
STARTING OFF ON THE RIGHT FOOT...
If you really want to OWN this Challenge then we definitely encourage booking a nutrition consultation with Jess HERE. Kiel and I will be sharing the exact same basic nutrition information so that the playing field is fair for all. If you have specific dietary questions please DO NOT ask Kiel and Molly for advice. Jess is a registered dietician who knows her shit and knows how to guide you down the right path for you. Everyone is different and no one diet will work for all. If you want to access Jess for FREE to ask her anything relating to nutrition and the goals for this Challenge then please plan to attend her Clinic on June 19th at 5:30pm (hint... attendance to this clinic will be a BONUS point for the Team with the most members present). Here is what Jess eats in a day!
SIMPLE TIPS TO START WEEK 1 OFF ON THE RIGHT FOOT:
Track your food using a tracking app, (MFP, LoseIt or MyMacros+)
Schedule your workouts in advance and show up ready to work
Get to bed no later than 10pm
Drink glass of water the minute you wake up in the morning
Let family and friends know what you are committed to for these next 8weeks and ask for their support
Find an accountability buddy on your team, share phone# and try to get to workouts together!
Be a team player.
Alright, without further ado, here are your 2 teams! We will have this printed at the gym, but in the meantime, here's what you need to know for this week (WEEK 1):
We will weigh in on Fri or Sat, whichever you can attend. The team with the higher percentage of loss this week will receive 1 POINT. (we take total pounds lost and divide by total original weight).
BONUS POINT: The team that gets the most players to this Saturday's 8 or 10am workout will also receive 1 POINT (yes, we realize its a holiday weekend which makes it that much more of a challenge).
What does that mean? 2 POINTS up for grabs this week!