We are family. This is our home.
We are a group of persons who represent STRENGTH IN NUMBERS. We dare greatly and provide one another the support, the accountability, the motivation, and the backbone to live out each day STRONGER than the day before.
We believe that true strength carries over into everything you do—from how you function at work, to your relationships with others, to the way you feel when you go to bed at night. We also believe that everyone’s strengths are different. That’s why we team up with people one-on-one and in groups to help them reach their greatest potential physically and mentally.
Speaking of groups, we’re also big on community. It’s easier to make better lifestyle choices, and stick with them, when you’re surrounded by friends who are doing the same. (Not to mention, friends who notice when you’re missing.) The more fun you have with your gym community, the more you’ll want to come back again and again. Before you know it, working out won’t feel like work at all.
OUR CORE VALUES
Community – We are dedicated to creating a supportive and safe environment where people are challenged by friends, not strangers.
Empowerment – We strive to ignite a sense of strength, determination and success that contributes to a higher quality of life for others and ourselves.
Respect – We want to inspire those around us by having an unbiased respect for the rights, values, beliefs and property of everyone. Simply put, we earn respect by respecting all others.
Transparency – We promise to be real, honest and always up-front. What you see is what you get.
Fun – We will never take ourselves too seriously. We train because we love to train, and we love the people who train with us. Yes, we will always make our time together effective, results-driven, and emotionally and physically rewarding—but we will also keep it fun!
1. Arrive Early, Stay Late – Show up on time to classes or, even better, a few minutes early. Take that extra time to hop on the rower, assault bike, or foam roller and get your body warm and moving. You can check your phone later - this hour is yours! Don't take it for granted. Cheer, clap and encourage others. Anything less is to cheat you of the experience and to rob others of the gift of your presence and support as part of the community.
2. Clean Up – Put away all your equipment after each workout. You don’t want to pick up the last class’ crap so don’t make them pick up yours.
3. Work Hard – Effort is more important than any other attribute. Don’t be embarrassed or ashamed if you can’t lift as much or perform as well as other members. It doesn’t matter so long as you give your best each and every workout.
4. Be Patient – Accidents and injuries usually come as a result of impatience. Don’t be greedy. Slow down. Ask questions. Ask for help.
5. Have Fun – Yes; you’re going to work harder than you thought possible. Yes, it’ll hurt (in a good way). So what? Have fun with it. This is a playground and while we’re constantly increasing work capacity, we’re having a blast at the same time.
6. Listen – We are the coaches and don’t want to see anyone get hurt or develop bad habits. When we tell you to reduce weight, stop, or do something during class, LISTEN and DO IT. We are here to provide a safe and motivating environment designed for your success.
7. Check Ego at the Door – This is a level playing field. We are one team. Clear your mind and work hard. When you’re done and you leave, you will be refreshed and your issues will be easier to deal with. We promise.
8. Know Where Your Children Are – We love kids here at FUELhouse and we think it’s important for them to see their parents leading active, healthy lives. However, we also want to keep kids and everyone else in our gym safe. Please make sure your kids stay in specified area during class. If you know your child will have trouble staying in one spot, please bring something that will help them stay put throughout class.
9. Eat Right – Nutrition is a HUGE part of your journey towards optimal performance, health, and body composition. Not sure where to start? Begin by centering your diet around a variety of high quality proteins, vegetables, fruits, healthy fats, and dense carbs as needed based on your activity levels. Try a variety of food and, to the best of your ability, cook most of what you eat. Focus on local, organic options if it's in your budget. Make sure you stay hydrated with plenty of water throughout the day. Eat meals slowly and minimize mindless snacking, refined/added sugar, and booze. Remember that what you eat should enhance your life. Need more help? Get in touch with Coach Jess to talk about how you can individualize your approach.
10. Get Some Sleep – Seriously. This is where you will make your gains. Sleep is like an express train for recovery. Get as much as possible. Otherwise you’re only hurting yourself.
11. Be Loud – We are respectful but we are not politically correct. We joke, yell, swear, grunt, scream, sweat, spit, etc. You will too. Sure, there’s such a thing as gentle, quiet strength, but most of us haven’t mastered that yet.
12. Brag – Tell your family and friends. Tell them how you’re getting in the best shape of your life. You’re having fun. You’re doing things you never thought possible. Be proud of this. Shout your bad-assery from the mountaintops.
13. Get Involved – Introduce yourself. FUELhouse is more than just a gym, it’s a community. We are a family and you can get as involved as you like. Here we hold social events, contests, workshops, and charitable events. There are many opportunities for you to get involved and if you have any suggestions, we would love to hear them.
14. Attend Class – Get in here on a weekly basis! A workout may suck before and during, but you always feel better afterward. You won’t believe the kind of results you’ll see by coming at least 4 times a week. All you have to do is get your butt through the door. We’ll take care of the rest.