Winter Sports Pre-Season Conditioning
What's your dryland routine? If your answer primarily involves "pint-lifting" at your favorite aprés ski spot, you have your work cut out for you. However, it's never too early (or late... for you pint-lifters out there) to begin training for snow season. Getting and staying fit for your winter sport is a year-round activity if you want to avoid injury, improve your performance, increase endurance, and get the most out of your season pass.
With ski/snowboard season just around the corner, we want your body ready for those long days on the slopes! If you haven’t been working out during the off-season…you might be in some trouble! Cross-training your body for your winter sport will give you more strength on the mountain and can help prevent injuries.If you haven’t been cross-training, don’t worry, it is not too late, we have the solution for you and your buds.
WHAT'S INCLUDED ($650 VALUE!):
- 10 Weeks of targeted training Monday September 12 - November 28
- Access to all Monday SNOWSTRONG and Thursday FUELSTRONG classes
- Unlimited access to FUEL KB101 classes on Wednesdays and Saturdays
- TRY BEFORE YOU BUY: FREE WORKOUT AND OPEN HOUSE CRAWL Friday, September 9th at 5:30pm @fuelhouse. Start at the HOUSE and end at EVO. Start at the HOUSE for a sampler of our #SNOWSTRONG Conditioning clinic, drink some beer courtesy of EVO, meet your coaches, learn about how to best condition and pre-hab your body to be a badass and more and then crawl over to EVO with us at 7pm for a private shop night (with discounts yeah!) for our peeps. We’re raffling off great door prizes, that include FUELhouse memberships, personal coaching sessions, $50 EVO gift card, swag, and so much more!
- In- session Injury Prevention Tech-Talks by MTI Physical Therapist and L3 PSIA Alpine Instructor, Anne Healzer
- Special membership offer for your 1st month at FUELhouse
- Discounts off EVO retail between Sept 12th- Nov. 28th
- EARLYBIRD – $337 until September 9th
- $397 after September 9th ($16/class for a min of 20 classes)
- The value of this program is worth over $650!
PROGRAM DESIGN / PHILOSOPHY:
Our mission and focus is to make sure you don’t get left behind on the slopes. Our solid winter sports conditioning program developed by elite training staff at FUELhouse gym and in partnership with physical therapists and NW ski instructors develops aerobic and anaerobic fitness, muscular endurance and strength, fast-twitch speed and agility, balance and coordination. Alpine skiing, Nordic skiing, ice-skating, and snowboarding are all intense terrain sports that require a high level of fitness for skill improvement and injury prevention.
It doesn’t matter what level you are, to avoid injuries and prepare for the demands of the terrain, every winter athlete should prepare with 6-8 weeks of dryland training. As the name implies, dryland training, incorporates strength training and mimics the movements you'll be doing on the snow, ice, and everything in between.
Our classes will feature a mix of strength, balance, plyometric, and cardiovascular exercise aimed at strengthening specifically for skiing, snowboarding, cross country, skate, and snowshoeing using a variety of equipment from your bodyweight, barbells and kettlebells. A typical class will progress from a 10-15 minute core warm up, to 30-45 minutes of moderate to high intensity exercise featuring varying exercises every week, and conclude with a 5 minute full body reset before you leave.
Our second mission beyond fitness is to provide a platform for snowsports enthusiasts to mix, mingle and congregate in preparation for when the snow begins to fly. FUELhouse gym not only is an elite training gym but a community gathering space for those who love all things PNW.